Children ages six and up should register for Religious Education classes to prepare for the Sacrament of First Holy Communion. Registration for these classes will be received from the first week of June though the first week of August. Classes run from September to May.
Children preparing for the Sacrament of First Holy Communion and their families must be ready for the following commitment:
- The most important preparation is the parents’ example of attending Mass with the family on a weekly basis.
- At least two years of preparation.
- Regular attendance at classes.
- Parent involvement at home.
- Basic understanding of the Sacraments.
- Attendance of parents at scheduled meetings.
- Attendance of parents or students at retreats.
For more information, please call our Religious Education Department 305-665-6862